The coach does not use people as his means whereby he achieves a result, he uses the result and the task as his means whereby he enables people.
Care and Growth Applied – Coaching:
A key requirement of the Care and Growth model is that a leader uses the task or result as his means whereby he enables people. Most managers find it very difficult to see more in this statement than a linguistic trick. This model will change your experience of this statement from a trick to a solid methodology.
It will define what changes when the coach makes the principle deliverable in the relationship with the subordinate, a change in the competency of the subordinate.
It aims to help you use the routine job of a subordinate as a gymnasium to affect a change in competency, identify a learning opportunity per subordinate, and structure your reporting relationship with each subordinate in such a way that the deliverable of the relationship will be the person's growth, ultimately affecting this change over time.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Describe the difference between a traditional coaching model and the Care and Growth coaching model.
- List the eight realities of coaching.
- Understand and describe all the steps in the coaching method.
- Develop and implement a coaching plan.
- Describe how Care and Growth's inversion of means and ends impacts on the coaching model.
- Explain where coaching's focus is in the Care and Growth empowerment model.
- Explain the relationship between coaching and mentoring.
- List the eight realities of coaching.
- Summarise the eight realities of coaching.
- Describe how the eight realities of coaching relate to the Care and Growth model.
- List the critical requirements of a coach.
- Explain the importance of listening, observing and giving feedback.
- Discuss the relationship between the coach and subordinate.
- Explain why it is important for a coach to understand the 'shift focus' process.
- Explain how the subordinate's tasks relate to a learning requirement.
- List the steps in a 'shift focus' process.
- Complete a 'shift focus' process.
- List the steps in the coaching cycle
- Explain how each step flows into the other
- List the activities that take place in each step.
The course is concerned with the coaching process and developing your skills as a coach, as well as developing a coaching plan and implementing it in the workplace.
NEED MORE THAN ONE LICENCE?
Save when you purchase a Company (10 Users) or Agency (50 Users) License below.
Faique is a Human Excellence Consultant at Schuitema, a business transformation consultancy operating worldwide.
Bsc. Actuarial Science., BCom. (Hons) Financial Planning, CFP, MCom. Business Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a self led online course. You will be taking part in group discussions, completing the online quiz for each section and an offline assignment.
The course relies heavily on group interaction and reflection. Since the content is focused on concepts and philosophical underpinnings of the Care and Growth Leadership model the activities require discussion and reflection.
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
The purpose of the Care and Growth Applied Online Module is to enable you to share your knowledge, gain new knowledge and skills and implement them in the workplace. It will build on the content covered in the Care and Growth 101 - Orientation Module.
You will have access to video and written revision material. You will be required to complete an assignment, and a number of discussions and other activities. Each activity will list what is expected of you.
Course Activities - These are the potential activities that you may encounter on the course.
Videos : You will be provided with knowledge material throughout the course in the form of videos. The videos are between 2 to 10 minutes. You are able to pause these videos and replay them at any time.
Reading material : You will be provided with PDF extracts from Etsko Schuitema's book 'Leadership' and Wendy Lambourne's book 'Legitimate Leadership'
Quizzes : These are multiple choice questions based on the material.
Forum Activities : Forum activities consist of an initial question or statement followed up by a discussion. Forums enable you to express your opinion and to comment on the submissions of other delegates in your Pod. Please note, that only members of your Pod will be able to see your comments.
These activities are very important, thus your participation and enthusiasm in engaging in the conversation is strongly encouraged. Please reflect on your submissions and replies before you write them.
Assignment : This activity is designed to give you an opportunity to test your ability to apply your knowledge in the workplace.
It is important that you are provided with all the support you require to complete the course. Faique Fakier is the administrator and support person on the course.
Please don't hesitate to use the support forum located at the bottom of each course. This either emails the facilitator or starts a live chat.
When in the main screen overview (Class Curriculum), you will find a tab (chat button) at the bottom right hand side of the screen, it will say "Leave a message" if your facilitator is offline and "Need Support?" if your facilitator is online.
Please use this as the primary medium of communication for any support you may require. (please see the 'How to Navigate This Course' section in the Introduction for more details)